Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jalapeno jelly

I had found a this recipe for Jalapeno Jelly on one of the cooking blogs I frequent and decided I needed to try it. 

When you buy it at the grocery store it is over $5.00 a jar and we love it over cream cheese with crackers and
I also wanted to use it for hostess treats....

The recipe was very easy and didn't take but a few minutes to make but somewhere along the way I made a bad bad mistake.

 I think I may have placed my face too close to the jalapeno steam coming from the pot.... I have a burning pain on my face from the nose down that I'm sure is what a chemical peel must feel like...

And if the jalapenos didn't give me the chemical peel effect I'm sure the Dawn soap I scrubbed my face with surely would be helpful for my fine lines and wrinkles.  My skin is squeaky clean and feels very tight and dry now but still burning...

I wore gloves to cut the jalapenos up but still managed to cause some damage to an eye when I rubbed it.... I thought about using the Dawn in my eye but since it didn't help my face...

So, the bottom line is the jelly is worth the pain.  I'm off to search for some sort of cooling moisturizer...

No comments: